For the Love of Food and Dining

For the Love of Food and Dining

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Doraku Sushi-2.28.10






"There is sushi, then there's Doraku Sushi" ~Doraku Sushi

Hello everyone!!!! Sorry that I've been slacking on my blog for a minute! Paul & I have been very busy with all the wedding planning going on and I must say, everything is starting to fall into place!!!!

It's Sunday, February 28th. Paul & I had been arguing the night before and what's worse was that Paul went to work for the whole day and we didn't even get to talk or work things out beforehand. Going to work mad at your loved one sucks. Makes going through the day hard, and concentration is out the door, is draining and also tiresome, both physically and mentally. So Paul & I have come up with a rule of thumb-Never go to bed mad at each other...

Moving on...Paul & I had smoothed things over between us and decided to go out and eat dinner. A means to get away and forget about the past 24 hours and have "make-up dinner" instead of "make-up sex"! :-D We just to decide to just leave and walk around our neighborhood that is Waikiki and try to think of a place to eat. And we've decided on Doraku Sushi because it deemed appropriate because that's where I took Paul on our first date! Yes, I said it...I took Paul out on a date!!!! So Doraku is our spot!

Paul & I were seated in a booth and was served by our lovely server, Amy. She was very cordial and accommodating. We first ordered two bowls of Miso soup to cleanse our palates. As we finished off our bowls of Miso, we looked over the menu and had a really hard time ordering dinner for our eyes were much bigger than our stomachs at the time! For our appetizers, I had ordered the Salmon Carpaccio and Paul had ordered the Shrimp Tempura. My Salmon Carpaccio was made with thin slices of Atlantic Scottish Salmon Sashimi and red onions decoratively garnished with a creamy
Ginger Sauce and Tobiko. The dipping sauce to the salmon was real soupy, almost broth-like. The broth was really tasty! It was topped with caviar and the red onions really set the flavor of and meshes really well together! I've acquired a taste for caviar and would only pair it with salmon myself. Paul's Shrimp Tempura came with 4 Tiger Shrimp lightly battered and Tempura fried served with Kakiage and Tentsuyu Sauce. Very delicious, light and buttery to the taste!

For my dinner entree' I ordered the Emperor Roll and Paul ordered the New Style Doraku Roll. My Emperor Roll was conceived with tuna, Salmon, Crab, Shrimp, Scallop and Avocado rolled together, crusted in Panko Breadcrumbs and flash fried, served over bed of Spring Mix and Tempura Sweet onions and topped with special Aioli Sauce. It tasted exquisite!!!! Paul's New Style Doraku Roll was molded with crabmeat and Avocado Roll, topped with seared tuna, Daikon Radish, Shiso Leaves and crispy Garlic Chips, finished with a special Wasabi Yuzu Citrus Sauce. It was delectable!!!!

A sake sampler was also ordered to go with our dinner. The sampler itself came with 3 different types and different tastes of sake. It also came with a description card describing the taste and flavor of each sake. The sake sampler starts off at about $17 and is really worth it if you're a sake novice!

Overall rating of this place, staff was really cordial and polite. Restaurant is really clean. Quality and quantity of food is really favorable to the prices [average price of each entree or food item runs between $9-$15]. Highly recommend this place and go back just for the Emperor Roll [if I wasn't too lazy to walk from home!]

Doraku Sushi is located on the 3rd of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. Validated parking. Check out the website on www.dorakusushi.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment