For the Love of Food and Dining

For the Love of Food and Dining

Friday, March 5, 2010

Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House-02.26.10






“I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food” - Erma Bombeck

Friday. Paul & I had the day off from work! Yay!!! We spent our afternoon watching the premiere of "The Crazies". Movie was alright. The plot was textbook outbreak virus movie. Right after watching "The Crazies", Paul drags me to go sneak into another theater to watch "Shutter Island"! I wanted to go smoke a cigarette! We felt like we were kids again sneaking into another movie!

I finally get to smoke my cigarette with Paul after the movie and massaging my own butt awake from getting so numb after almost 5 hours of watching movies! We're at Ward and trying to figure out where to eat. We decide on Kincaid's.

We were seated and our server's name is Chris. He was a very pleasant server and made us feel comfortable and we were able to rap with him like he was one of our homies. We looked over at our menus and were a bit overwhelmed with so many different things to order because we were so hungry and our eyes were bigger than our stomachs!!!

So we decide to order just water for now [to cleanse our palates since we looked over the extensive wine list] and soup. I ordered the soup du jour and had the Cream of Tomato while Paul ordered the New England Clam Chowder. My soup tasted really creamy and delicious! Paul thought that his Chowder was by far the best clam chowder he's had, although he loved my soup and kept eating mine and sopping up the dinner bread in my soup!

We decide on an appetizer and ordered the Lollipop Scallop Skewers. They were 3 pieces of scallops wrapped with smoked salmon and drizzled with ponzu sauce. We were delighted with this appetizer!!! Although there were only 3 pieces we were satisfied by the size of each of the scallops.

Next we've decided to order a bottle of Kendall-Jackson Vintners Reserve Meritage 2005. Paul had me taste the wine out first. In fact every time we order a bottle of wine anywhere he tells the server that I'll try it out for the both of us. It smelled like prune, fig and smoky. It tasted even more smoky and woodsy on the palate. Nice, velvety texture, though. We toasted to being spontaneous!

Our main entree's came out. Paul ordered the 12 oz. Prime Rib [cooked medium] with fried onions and red jacket mashed potatoes. I ordered the dinner special. It was the Asiago-Almond Crusted Opah made with basil pesto beure blanc, roasted pepper coulis, asparagus with a side of red jacket mashed potatoes. Paul's prime rib was perfectly cooked. It wasn't chewy. My Opah was very light. Sauce brought out the taste of the fish. I know that I had red wine instead of chardonnay with my fish but I have a preference to red wine.

For dessert we had the Strawberry Sorbet. It was basically 3 scoops of strawberry sorbet with a load of freshly cut strawberries cut in half. Surprisingly went very well with our wine!!!

Paul & I were very satisfied with our lovely dinner at Kincaid's. We want to come back on Sundays because all day on Sundays ALL of their wine is half off. And love how Kincaid's have 2 Happy hours-one from 3-7pm and a late night Happy Hour from 10pm-1am.

Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House
1050 Ala Moana Blvd #2100
Honolulu, HI 96814
808-591-2005
www.kincaid's.com

No comments:

Post a Comment