For the Love of Food and Dining

For the Love of Food and Dining

Monday, March 1, 2010

Prologue to Our Food Diary


Food is an important part of a balanced diet. ~Fran Lebowitz

Since Paul & I have started dating 4 months ago, he got me into watching the Food Network with him. At first, I wasn't too keen on the whole idea. What's the whole point of watching people with their own cooking shows like " Down Home with the Neely's" or reality shows like the "Next Top Chef" make all this wonderful food and yet you're unable to taste them for yourselves? It's such a huge tease!!! Well, I'm an open-minded person and Paul has opened up my eyes, and my world, on the joys of cooking and enjoying food.

Sure enough, Paul & I have started eating at and discovering all these wonderful restaurants and taking pictures of all of our dishes. I guess you could best describe us as "foodies". It may seem a bit silly that we take pictures of our food before digging in because we were once those hypocrites who made fun of the Japanese tourists here in Waikiki who like to take pictures of their food and throwing up the peace sign with their fingers followed with a huge smile.

There are also times when we'd rather stay home and enjoy food in the comforts of what we call home...also known to us as 'the love shack"! [Haahaa! >_<] Paul would gather what we've learned from these cooking shows that we watch together like cooking techniques, ingredients, etc. Then we'd happily go shopping together and go home and cook. To me, it's one of many bonding experiences that Paul & I love to share because after all, all of our love, time, joy, patience, sweat, tears and frustrations are put into it...but in the outcome of it all, it works out just right and fine...just like our relationship.

So without further ado, I hope that you enjoy our little food diary/blog...and our little adventures that come along with it!!! Feel free to leave comments and/or restaurant suggestions!!! And of course, feel free to make plans with us to join us to eat as well!!! The more the merrier! ^_^

Ciao,
Mae & Paul

1 comment: